Château Meyney was one of the first sites in the Médoc to Saint-Estèphe be planted with vines. In 1662, it was a convent mentioned in records under the names Couvent des Feruillants or Prieuré des Couleys. It belonged to the Feuillants monks. Today, the estate stretches over some of the best hilltops above the Gironde Estuary. The river lying alongside the first rows of vines makes for a majestic, serene landscape.